Senior Business Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as a liaison between the business community and the technical community in the development of solutions that support the business;
- Servicing elicits, analyzing, communicating, validating and translating business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions, including changes to business processes and information systems are developed;
- Actively participating in all phases of the project lifecycle;
- Working with the business to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to achieve their goals;
- Assessing processes and information streams and utilizing the appropriate tools, models and techniques as part of the requirement gathering process;
- Ensuring strong communication and analytical skills as well as collaborative and relationship management skills given the scope and high level of client interaction;
- Appling analytical abilities and specialized expertise to synthesize information and designing solutions that leverages and extends business applications and services;
- Translating business needs into technical requirements;
- Taking complex technical solutions and relating them to business users in simple and clear terms;
- Applying creative, critical thinking and diagnostic abilities to gather client's functional and non-functional requirements and business rules using various elicitation and facilitation techniques;
- Considering multiple options, analyzing alternatives, and selecting the one that best supports the business needs and technical reality;
- Playing a prominent role in working with subject matter experts and end-users to understand business needs;
- Utilizing broad knowledge of business processes, applications, products, business strategy and internal and external customer needs to contribute to the optimum business solution in complete assignments/projects;
- Applying a variety of data and process modeling techniques to describe business information requirements;
- Pro-actively recognizing where solutions impact related applications or data/information integrity;
- Leading informative well-organized presentations and facilitate sessions to review requirements and identify gaps to help bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution;
- Delivering clear, complete and usable documentation that the client can validate to support the sign-off process and is serviceable for the technical project members to deliver the solution;
- Monitoring and critiquing, through peer review, written communication of other BAs on the project team;
- Presenting complex or conflicting situations and issues to stakeholders by using persuasion, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Working collaboratively with the project team members towards a common goal;
- Building, sustaining, and leveraging positive relationships with person within and outside his or her areas of immediate responsibility as well as external contacts in order to anticipate, assess, and meet their needs in a mutually beneficial manner as well as managing expectations;
- Sharing industry best practices and tools to create a positive climate and stimulus to encourage long-term learning and development for personal growth and growth of others; and,
- Anticipating, preparing, and responding effectively to change in order to unsure the creation of an open and receptive work environment.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Three (3) years’ experience of recently demonstrated business analysis competency;
- Experience with both waterfall and Agile methodologies; and,
- Experience in the financial accounting, Credit Risk Rating and COTS vendor spaces (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.