Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Project Control Officer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Control Officer. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with and providing support to the Program Manager for planning and delivery of a series of projects;
- Assisting in project set-up activities as requested such as project budget, proposal preparation and project configuration in Changepoint system;
- Assisting the Program Manager in planning and scheduling to ensure that all the necessary components and deliverables are aligned;
- Working with project team members to build project schedules that are reflective of their forecast dates;
- Maintaining project plans such as document management, SharePoint, change and problem tracking, risk registers, record of decision and contract administration;
- Supporting the Program Manager in managing the control and tracking of project related items including issues, dependencies and finance;
- Working with the Program Manager to ensure compliance to project standards, engagement processes and client requirements;
- Working with the project teams to help remove roadblocks and resolve actions;
- Working with the Program Manager in maintaining, monitoring and reporting project status of actions, issues, and risk;
- Working with the Program Director to monitor burn rates and progress on budget as well as preparing budget requests and capturing records;
- Working with Finance and Program Manager to determine the method and time of reconciliation activities required for the project;
- Managing and supporting project time administration such as vendor PO setup and billing rates administration;
- Managing and assisting with vendor and contractor invoice administration;
- Maintaining consultant and contractor’s files to support corporate function validation of invoices both actual and contracted;
- Maintaining and tracking project expenses such as travel and supplies;
- Producing project time reports as per the agreed plan;
- Managing time entry and vendor invoice reconciliation process;
- Leveraging features of Changepoint to produce project relevant reports;
- Administering Changepoint PM reporting functions including budget, schedule, and resources;
- Managing and coordinating project resources for on-boarding and off-boarding processes;
- Leveraging existing processes and standards in performing administrative duties such as the use of standard templates;
- Creating, formatting and editing various documents and project schedules;
- Producing project scorecards and other executive reporting; and
- Acting as a focal point for the project team for the co-ordination of facilities, technical support and other engagement site requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
• Five (5) years’ of Project Control Officer experience;
• Experience using MS Project;
• Ability to learn quickly;
• Ability to work confidently when tackling new and unknown tasks;
• Motivation to be self-driven;
• Experience using action registers, risk registers and other PM monitoring tools (an asset); and,
• Experience business process (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.