Senior Technical Project Manager
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Technical Project Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12 month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start in April.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you are an articulate project leader who will drive stakeholder decisions for delivery schedules, while driving delivery performance in a dynamic environment.
You will own technical Towers be responsible for tracking and decision making across multiple Towers, and across all stages of implementation including: planning, requirements gathering, contract management, design, testing, customer acceptance, deployment and Day 2 support.
Specifically, you will also own the integration of budget and master schedules and manage implications that feed into these. You will adjust program schedules to funding availability to regulate deliverables which meet overall program budget and milestone outcomes.
As the Senior Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Understand a combination of targets assigned to each partner stream: Community-level targets, functional-milestone targets, financial spend and compliance targets;
- Own monthly and quarterly financial commitments, and balance activity schedules to when funding changes, more funding becomes available, or financial pressures arise;
- Analyze financial impacts of updates to forecasts against targets; identify opportunities, risks, and determine appropriate adjustments within your master schedule and budget;
- Develop delivery levers to speed up or slow down delivery, in response to changes in funding availability;
- Respond to requests to adjust spend, scope or by driving appropriate trade-off decisions and then working with individual project managers to quickly execute on the decisions;
- Lead weekly leadership forums across multiple vendor/partner streams; leverage the forums to drive required decisions across external and internal functional stakeholder leaders; and,
- Own a complex weave of interconnected budgets and schedules including different functional areas, different internal and external companies.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to process both detailed variables, and broad strategic decisions to adjust program schedules at the correct level, understand the implications of changes in one part of a schedule, and adjust the other parts of the schedule appropriately;
- Demonstrated stakeholder facilitation skills, with specific experience in driving decision-making;
- Comfortable with strategic plan development and implementation;
- Adept at balancing shifting priorities in a fast-paced, complex environment;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, anticipate requirements and remove roadblocks;
- Previous successes in analyzing complex business changes and recommending solutions strategies/policy directions to senior management and external parties;
- Solid understanding of financial budget management, including forecasting and compliance;
- Advanced knowledge of the SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint;
- Partner management experience;
- University or College degree;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation;
- Budget management, including forecasting, management of financial transactions such as accruals, financial compliance;
- Team lead or indirect lead experience; and,
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.