Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Contract and Vendor Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Contract and Vendor Manager. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Governing the request for services process with vendors, including the RRR, RFI, RFP and Approvals function;
- Leading the development of the detailed business content in the contract when changes are required, or new services are added to an agreement;
- Facilitating and coordinating input from technical subject matter experts and service leaders as required;
- Analyzing and assessing of contract provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures;
- Ensuring contract governance structures and deliverables, and the effectiveness of related processes;
- Performing as a subject matter expert and strategic advisor on the contract for internal teams and business units;
- Overseeing the resolution of contract issues and disputes with the vendor to reach a fair and equitable outcome;
- Owning interaction with internal and vendor resources to ensure adherence to contractual obligations;
- Establishing an internal framework to facilitate effective contractual change, issue and risk management;
- Managing the contractual service level agreement performance measurement and reporting, involving subject matter experts and service leaders to ensure consistent and accurate service level agreement measurement;
- Ensuring service level agreement performance penalties are agreed to with the vendor and paid promptly;
- Resolving service level agreement related disputes with the vendor and advising service leaders and executives if escalations are required;
- Evaluating and communicating program or project issues that affects compliancy and adherence to strategy;
- Managing of contract documentation;
- Facilitating of negotiations, disputing resolutions and associating contractual changes and amendments;
- Participating in steering committees, executive briefings, risk reviews, escalations and change control;
- Communicating contract status such as milestone achievements, risks, issues, disputes, and penalties to internal teams from C-Suite to project level;
- Working closely with legal counsel as required; and,
- Responding to audit requests from internal and external auditors;
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Fluent in both English and French;
- Professional Certification in Contract Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years’ experience as Contract Manager on telecommunications contracts on contracts with a total contract value greater than $20M;
- Experience as a Contract Manager on telecommunications contracts where each contract involves the provision of telecommunications services to 10,000 or more users, within the last ten years;
- Proven experience in vendor management and dispute resolution;
- Exceptional client partner and relationship building skills;
- Ability to develop, manage and leverage client and vendor relationships;
- Ability to take on a leadership role of a group;
- High comfort level with strategic plan development and implementation;
- Ability to shift priorities in a fast-paced and complex environment;
- Ability to be a strong speaker, presenter and influencer;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of message formulation and communication;
- Ability to work independently, anticipate requirements and remove roadblocks;
- Functional knowledge of the SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; and,
- Formal negotiation training/certification (an asset);
- ITIL Certification (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.