Quality Engineering Automation Specialist
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Quality Engineering Automation Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a long-term contract located in Mississauga, ON to start in April.
The Quality Engineering Automation Specialist is responsible for leading the evaluation and testing for new or modified software programs as part of complex systems. The ideal candidate will create, review, and run automated test scripts and deliver effective and efficient test methods while providing leadership in creating an easily maintainable test framework and the development of QE processes and procedures. Candidates will be a part of the software quality engineering team for any internal or external application development projects.
As the Quality Engineering Automation Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for testing end-to-end systems (many interfacing software components).
- Web service testing and UI/API automation.
- Automating tasks in conjunction with developers within the sprint and providing documentation and daily check-ins.
- The ability to identify new testing techniques and tools that can help us test more, better, and faster.
- Mentor and guide other team members on Automation.
- Track time on projects accurately and promptly. Report status to stakeholders. Demonstrate flexibility in meeting important customer deliverables.
- Lead the translation of requirements and establish test cases to fit into automation test strategy.
- Analyze and evaluate data submissions for discrepancies and exceptions and rectify issues
- Work with the scrum team to define required mappings and transformations.
- Ensure comprehensive data validation and quality assurance activities are performed.
- Perform technical quality engineering as well as data validation.
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews during development and implementation process.
- Lead the testing beyond the user interface through data analysis via database inspection and manipulation.
What we’re looking for:
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience Advanced degree is preferred;
- 6+ years’ experience in software and/or program testing.
- At least 7+ years in hands-on automation testing including creating new frameworks and appropriate test harnesses or equivalent software engineering experience.
- 7+ years’ experience coding in at least one programming language
- 7+ years’ experience with writing QA automation frameworks using tools like Selenium/WebDriver.
- 5+ years’ experience writing automation tests for WEB UI as well as REST and SOAP service endpoints
- 5+ years’ experience with architecting and performing load tests with tools such as JMeter or similar
- 3+ years’ experience with web technologies and distributed/web-based SaaS architecture
- Strong recent experience testing Salesforce - SFDC applications and defining the end to end testing process and methods in Salesforce environment including cross-system integrations across multiple work streams.
- Define automated regression testing process and framework, including UI, backend, Salesforce components, and integrations.
- 3+ years of SFDC experience.
- Strong understanding of OO concepts and data structures
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing application faults
- Very strong troubleshooting, debugging and analysis skills.
- Experience working with ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) Frameworks.
- Develop, execute, and interpret load, stress, and other automated performance tests.
- Ability to write complex test scripts that are portable, reusable, and maintainable
- Technical expertise in the data warehouse and/or data store development
- Familiarity with Risk-Based testing concepts
- Ability to interpret and understand database schemas to ensure database integrity.
- Understanding of HIPAA regulations and Health Information Exchange (HIE) concepts.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.