Full Stack Web Developer
Eagle is working with Hushmail to find them a Full Stack Web Developer to join their Vancouver team on a full-time basis.
If you enjoy working at many different levels of the stack, there is a lot of opportunity here. You will be part of a small team and have have the opportunity to make an impact in a variety of areas. Pay is very competitive and working from home for several days a week is an option after the first three to six months!
Here's what kind of work you may get up to:
- Work on email relay systems in Java and Perl;
- Conduct security analysis;
- Handle integrations of cloud systems;
- Write tools to process data.
Skills and requirements for this role include:
- Bonus skills: Java, Perl
- Experienced in coming up with clean and elegant architectures for Ajax-heavy MVC web applications (Vue.js experience is a plus)
- Quick to understand complex systems
- Comfortable working with cloud APIs
- Good at finding and solving inconsistencies in data
- Hubspot experience is a bonus
- Possesses extraordinary attention to detail and is efficient at testing their own work thoroughly, while still working at a fast pace
- Able and willing to clearly express detailed technical information in writing
- Highly organized and comfortable with multitasking
- Works well on a team, willing to give and accept feedback
Hushmail has been providing high-security email services since 1998 and recently launched an online form builder. They serve thousands of customers in a variety of professional fields. Hushmail's fastest growing market segment is healthcare, and are currently deeply involved with understanding and serving customers in that area. Hushmail is a well-established and profitable company with a strong team and a supportive environment. The company is small, so everyone has the chance to make a big impact. They notice and reward high performance.
Hushmail is headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, B.C., and many on the team frequently work from home. The office culture is disciplined, relaxed, and quiet. There are occasional optional social activities and are very family-friendly. Hushmail actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates for all job roles.
By applying to this position through Eagle, you acknowledge and expressly agree that Eagle will provide your submission directly to Hush Communications Canada for evaluation and should you be considered for this opportunity, you will either be contacted by Eagle or Hush Communications Canada directly.