Senior Collaboration Engineering Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for two (2) Senior Collaboration Engineering Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 3 month contract located in Waterloo, ON to start in April.
The Senior Collaboration Engineering analyst is a multifunctional team player, client advocate and solution designer. Analysts solve complex business problems using industry leading technology tools and innovative design approaches, focused on productivity and collaboration to deliver world class end user experiences. As subject matter expert, product steward and technical lead, they are information technology thought leaders that design, consult, deploy, support, and maintain an array of technology vendor products and solutions.
As the Senior Collaboration Engineering Analyst, you will be responsible to:
- Accountable for the design and delivery of scalable, cost effective, secure technology solutions for end user computer platform and infrastructure services that align with the global technology roadmap;
- In the functional role of product steward, accountable for a suite of desktop applications that extend platform capabilities, ensuring that these products are maintained current with the vendor’s product roadmap and aligned with the requirements of the business;
- In the functional role of subject matter expert, manage the engineering artifacts and roadmaps, pro-actively identify service improvement opportunities, feature enhancements, user experience changes and resolve team and/or individual technology knowledge;
- In the functional role of technical lead, build, validate, test and document solution designs and ensure operational transition through formal and informal knowledge sharing, using industry standard techniques;
- Develop and maintain design specifications that meet technical, functional and non functional requirements and conform to service definition, geographical requirements, and architecture & security standards;
- Design and deploy infrastructure solutions that enhance the management, stability, security, disaster recovery and cost effectiveness of the global end user computing environment;
- Maintain documentation on all technical services and solutions in compliance with accepted service design standards;
- Communicate frequently and effectively with client service peers; client interaction is key to managing expectations, assessing needs, and customizing solutions;
- Work with operational support teams to collect, analyse and report on incident and problem data with a view on continuous improvement, and capacity management; and,
- Interact with various engineering and technical support teams across the information technology organization including networking, servers, storage, security, service desk and front line support.
What we’re looking for:
- University degree/college diploma in a related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience, and/or 7+ years of industry experience in the IT industry;
- Understanding and aptitude for emerging industry technologies such as cloud solutions for end-user platform and infrastructure technologies (Azure);
- Next Generation enterprise mobile thin client hardware (Chromebook);
- Understanding and aptitude for end-user client computing technologies such as application (CITRIX) and O/S virtualization (VMWare); mobile security, device management and connectivity (Airwatch, Intune);
- Expert Understanding of Enterprise Social Media and Collaboration services, with an emphasis on Microsoft SharePoint, SharePoint Online, MS Azure, O365 and Confluence Wiki;
- Familiarity with Active Directory and group policy objects and federated services;
- Experience in desktop management and desktop operating system support for Win7 and Win10;
- Familiarity with Windows Server (2008, 2012);
- Familiarity with email and collaboration services including IBM Domino, Microsoft Exchange;
- Familiarity with integrating Enterprise messaging platforms (Lotus Notes, MS Exchange) for mobile environments;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong troubleshooting and research skills used to match technology solutions to business needs; including Estimation, project sizing, and project management;
- General knowledge of networking, servers, storage, and data security concepts;
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange / Outlook;
- Broad multi-platform and multi-industry experience;
- Understanding of the ITIL model;
- Familiarity with Agile Infrastructure delivery;
- Familiarity with additional classes of end-user computer platforms (Apple, Linux); and,
- Current MCSE certification.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.