Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Software Developer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining complex software solution based on system design using technologies such as Java, J2EE, SOA and Node JS;
- Designing, analyzing impacts and documenting the proposed solution;
- Creating and updating documentation deliverables according to the methodology;
- Coaching and supporting junior developers that are on site;
- Performing level 3 support of production applications;
- Contributing to the development and design estimation and underlying hypothesis;
- Supporting the project manager and the delivery lead on the development aspect;
- Contributing, documenting and following the software deployment in different sets of environments;
- Demonstrating excellent abilities in verbal and written communication with colleagues, management and external partners;
- Demonstrating innovation, creativity, initiative, organization, autonomy and collaborative works; and,
- Ensuring quick adaptation when facing new technology.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingualism in conversational French and fluent English both written and verbal;
- Five (5) years’ experience leading development teams;
- Five (5) years’ experience in Java development and design experience;
- Five (5) years’ experience in solution design;
- Five (5) years’ experience with J2EE;
- Five (5) years’ experiences with Java Script;
- Three (3) years’ experience with Oracle WebLogic Server and IBM Websphere;
- Experience with Java, WLS, Websphere, Node JS, Oracle, AS400, MQ series and data power;
- Experience with UML design;
- Experience with XML and associated technologies including xml schemas, xml namespaces, xpath and xslt;
- Experience working with RDBMS including Oracle, MSSQL, DB2 and SQL;
- Experience with continuous integration;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of unit test frameworks;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of automated build frameworks;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to act in a technical lead role;
- Experience with Angular, Node JS, Spring, and Cloud;
- Previous financial experience (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of insurance systems (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.