Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start in April.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- The candidate will function in a project-based environment, working with various information technology, network, and operational subject-matter experts to successfully document, develop, test and deliver complex technical project solutions;
- This career opportunity is searching for a skilled network professional, who understands the end-to-end systems and technologies required to support Broadband, IP/MPLS, Access, Ethernet and TV technologies service provider network, and the associated services riding across it;
- Analyze business problems, design, maintain and lead the delivery of system solutions in support of the New Product/Technology projects;
- Work with the other domain Business Solution Advisors to develop an end-to-end IT service assurance solution roadmap. System solutions must be consistent with the architecture of the Operations Support Systems and must support the technology roadmap for access, transport, IP, Ethernet, and TV;
- Work with the various Network technology vendors and IT solution vendors to create a common understanding of underlying end-to-end systems requirements to deliver the various network technologies and services;
- Build and support the development of business cases to obtain funding for initiatives supporting business objectives; and,
- Establish and maintain standards, methods and best practices by applying a solid understanding of the business, client’s standards, as well as those guidelines, set out by external regulatory bodies in telecommunications.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or Information System management;
- Strong understanding of the Service Assurance and testing domains and functions;
- Knowledge and experience with architecture, design or operation;
- General understanding of industry standards of IT, such as the ITIL, ETOM and TMF models;
- Proven track record in systems integration;
- Solid experience in software development and infrastructure design for large scale distributed systems and applications;
- Deep knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools. Deep understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP;
- Deep knowledge of operating systems’ internals and utilities (Unix & Windows);
- Object-Oriented Software Analysis and Modeling, Relational Database Analysis, Modeling, and Optimization;
- Bilingual is a definite asset;
- Strong Service Assurance knowledge and system architecture design skills, and the ability to simultaneously work on multiple complex initiatives;
- Mastery of applied core IT and networking competencies (OSI layer, Object Oriented technologies databases, and SOA Architecture Webservices);
- Proven experience in large scale system design and deployments, including OSS, interfaces, hubs, and connectors;
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and iterative), coupled with a strong ability to produce detailed technical documentation;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written with the ability to communicate and demystify and describe technical complex material to a non-expert audience;
- Proven ability to manage successful business relationships with peers in various departments, companies & at different levels of management;
- Ability to manage, maintain and improve vendor relationship, despite a difficult delivery environment; and,
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills – ability to manage large teams in matrix reporting environments
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.