Data Governance and Data Quality
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Data Governance and Data Quality and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in downtown, Toronto to start immediately.
As the Data Governance and Data Quality, you will be responsible for:
- Set expectations across the organization for effective and secure use of information;
- Ensure data management risks are identified, evaluated, communicated and subsequently managed for the entire life of the risk;
- Influence leaders in the organization to action the critical bad risks and advise them of good risks that can be taken to achieve the business goals; and,
- Provide program status on a periodic basis and influence the stakeholders across the organization to conform to the control standards and regulations.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Technology, Information Management, Information Analytics or equivalent experience;
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner; develops relationships with key people in other functions and at other levels and across peer companies; expresses disagreement tactfully and sensitively; creates an environment in which people
- Establishes aggressive goals and drives for results; readily puts in extra time and effort; tackles problems and works to resolve them without delay; establishes high standards of performance. Ability to outline a strategy, execute strategically and tactical
- Gives compelling reasons for ideas; anticipates and responds effectively to the positions and reactions of others; builds support for own ideas through contacts with others; knows which battles are worth fighting.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the organization's mission and strategies; Sees the "big picture" (e.g., overall themes, trends, goals); Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities; Establishes strategies for achieving individual
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; generate innovative ideas and solutions to problems; encourages others to look at problems and processes in new ways; identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
- Understands complex concepts and relationships; Looks beyond symptoms to identify causes of problems; Analyzes problems from different points of view.
- Demonstrates confidence, maturity, and flexibility in response to work challenges; adapts quickly to change; open to feedback and change; understands own strengths and areas of development; pursues personal learning.
- Knowledge of Data Governance frameworks, regulatory requirements and control objectives and potential solutions to meeting objectives
- Knowledge of technology risk frameworks in financial services and the ability to design controls to meet business needs
- Applies accurate logic to facts; considers a wide range of information and factors; generates and evaluates alternatives; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; makes timely, sound judgments.
- Approximately 10 years of related industry experience, preferably in a financial institution
- 5 plus years of risk management experience
- Experience in data quality initiatives and programs, data governance or managing the end to end information lifecycle (processes, programs, governance), data stewardship or information management governance required
- Knowledge of operational risk and analyzing risk information required
- Experience with data analytics is a MUST
- Basic knowledge of machine learning concepts
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.