Infrastructure Technical Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Infrastructure Technical Lead for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership and experience managing support activities of IT infrastructure environment, including; storage, servers (Unix/Linux/Wintel), database, backup and recovery, networks (Data and Telecommunications), and Cloud;
- Experience in analyzing existing operations and making recommendations for the improvement and growth of the operating environment;
- Leading and providing work direction to technical infrastructure outsourced teams;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate various security and data protection technologies and controls into a cohesive solution that sufficiently mitigates risk;
- Creating and/or reviewing solutions designs to ensure the client’s IT infrastructure best practices and standards are adhered to;
- Leading teams to optimize infrastructure deployments for speed, cost, availability and scale;
- Defining system and service configurations, installation and support strategies of system components (at both site and enterprise levels) for implementation and maintenance support;
- Actively participating and integrating with Cloud Teams representing Infrastructure;
- Conducting research on emerging infrastructure and Cloud and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure agility;
- Participating in technical incident management and troubleshooting escalations, as needed;
- Confirming solutions implemented as designed and perform technical audits of work completed by Service Providers;
- Participating in appropriate governance meetings including Weekly Service Delivery meetings and Joint Operating Committee meetings; and,
- Representing IT infrastructure in large scale projects including ERP.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent Technical Leadership experience;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with IT in an oil and gas domain;
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ related experience within IT infrastructure technical leadership, architecture, consulting; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience of contributing to the success of a range of midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality;
- Scripting experience across a range of common structured formats;
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience with storage (NetApp), servers (HP), Operating Systems (Unix/Linux/Wintel) and database technologies (Oracle, SQL);
- Knowledge of MS Azure and AWS public Clouds;
- Excellent understanding of typical on-premise and Cloud multi-tier architectures and services: web servers, application servers, database servers, load balancers, and storage;
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure hardware and software management functions;
- Experience with multiple infrastructure software products, platforms, and vendors; and,
- Knowledge of benefits and drawbacks with major implementation options and alternatives.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.