Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Analyst. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Discussing and reviewing system requirements with different stakeholders;
- Executing setup process to ensure data sources are added to company’s data lake;
- Testing results of process using SQL queries;
- Managing lifecycle of deliverables from development, release, testing and supporting promotion to higher environments;
- Participating in daily standup meeting;
- Coordinating changes to computer databases, testing, and implementing the database applying knowledge of database management systems;
- Planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database;
- Testing programs or databases, correcting errors and making necessary modifications;
- Modifying existing databases and database management systems or directing programmers and analysts to make changes; and,
- Writing and coding logical and physical database descriptions and specifying identifiers of database to management system or directing others in coding descriptions.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingualism in English and French;
- Three (3) years’ experience in integration and administration of data warehouse systems;
- Three (3) years’ experience with SQL;
- Three (3) years’ experience with Linux including SSH, SCP and Bash;
- Three (3) years’ experience with Datawarehousing;
- Three (3) years’ experience with Git for Source Code management, knowledge of gitflow or similar methodology;
- Three (3) years’ experience in advanced Excel;
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Basic knowledge of database management software;
- Big data Hadoop + Cloudera project experience including Hadoop, Hive and Oozie (an asset); and,
- Experience with Atalassian tools including Confluence, JIRA and Bitbucket (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.