Full Stack Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Full Stack Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is an 8-month contract located in downtown, Toronto to start in April.
The Full Stack Solution Developer will require extensive experience with web technologies, front end development, enterprise Java and backend development, database techniques, Oracle / MySQL / PostgreSQL databases, NoSQL, DevOps, and Cloud Computing techniques. The key credentials of the Specialist include: Experience in Java, Java EE, REST API, WebSphere, JBoss or Open Liberty, Unix/Linux; Experience in Angular, TypeScript, LESS/SASS, HTML5, AODA; Experience in JPA, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, data modelling, temporal data management, and data integration; Experience in DevOps, CI/CD, Jenkins, Git Pipeline, test automation, BDD, Selenium, Protractor, Jasmine; AND Experience with Microservices, Spring Boot, and familiarity with Cloud infrastructures such as AWS, and Cloud migration strategies.
As the Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Work with Development Lead or Project Delivery Manager to design and develop full-stack solutions to meet changing business needs;
- Design and document the technical components to implement the business functions;
- Ensure the application components align with the application architecture and meet various architecture quality goals;
- Document technical requirements to comply with corporate I&T directions and industry best practices;
- Perform data modeling based on business requirements and process;
- Advise and provide expert knowledge on the technical feasibility of the proposed deliverables;
- Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, performance, integration, and operations requirements;
- Identify risks, issues, and constraints associated with solutions and designs;
- Identify and assist in the re-engineering, enhancement or replacement of business rules and associated technologies;
- Ensure the delivered mission critical system is high performing, secure, and scalable;
- Design and implement fault tolerant and highly available Microservices based systems
- Participate in daily Agile SCRUM meetings;
- Promote DevOps and CI/CD best practices;
- Champion Git Workflow and set up /configure/administer Git repositories;
- Maintain Jenkins build environment and related pipelines;
- Investigate and recommend Cloud migration strategies;
- Update JIRA tasks in a timely manner;
- Contribute and review user stories, acceptance criteria, and acceptance test scenarios;
- Develop front end business rules and logic, server-side business rules and logic, and data access logic;
- Implement unit test, business rules and logic automated testing using both Angular and Java;
- Participate in peer code and documentation review;
- Coach and mentor team members by contributing to the ongoing team development by sharing knowledge, information and lessons learned on a regular basis; and
- Transition support to the maintenance groups and, perform other duties as required by the project.
What we’re looking for:
- It is important that the services be undertaken by Full Stack Solution Developer who can demonstrate expert knowledge of and experience in performing similar work for projects of comparable nature, size, and scope as detailed below.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design and development of mission-critical Java EE web applications;
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience with Angular based front end development;
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with Microservices, Sprint Boot, and design of fault-tolerant systems;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Agile development methodology;
- Experience in JPA, and REST API using JAX-RS;
- Experience in data modeling, temporal data management, SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL techniques;
- Experience in DevOps, Jenkins, CI/CD, Git workflow, BDD, Selenium, test automation, and Docker;
- Good understanding of software security and application performance best practices;
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Cloud Computing best practices, and Cloud migration strategies;
- Knowledge and experience with the following:
- Java 8, Java EE7, JPA 2, WebSphere 9, WildFly 10+, Unix / Linux;
- JAX-RS, REST API, OAuth 2;
- Microservices, Spring Boot;
- SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL, MongoDB;
- Angular 5+, TypeScript, TSLint, Gulp, Node, Protractor, Jasmine;
- DevOps, CI/CD, BitBucket, Git Workflow, Jenkins
- Implement unit test, business rules and logic automated testing using both Angular and Java; and,
- Participate in peer code and documentation review.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.