Active Directory Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Active Directory Specialist. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing IT advice on the direction, evolution and usage of technology including architectures, systems, issues, opportunities, policies and standards related to field of expertise;
- Functioning as a subject-matter expert in AD analysis, providing advice to employees and external contacts;
- Ensuring ongoing support, maintenance and improvement of AD service, as well as for technical support, planning, coordination and administration;
- Ensuring ongoing support in performance monitoring, tuning, capacity planning and prediction in the coordination and implementation of releases or changes to the AD service;
- Conducting systems maintenance, planning and implementing major software upgrades, and ensuring that change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed;
- Leading or participating in the planning of AD related operational changes, including cloud integrations;
- Participating in the planning and execution of testing related to performance, disaster recovery and business continuity for AD;
- Monitoring performance and service levels by providing 24x7 support for AD service;
- Developing AD standards and guidelines for tech support and admin, including schema extensions;
- Ensuring ongoing operational support in the provisioning and managing of users and groups of AD tenants;
- Ensuring ongoing operational support in AD policies and rules for all environments;
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relations with internal and external counterparts including partners, clients and suppliers to support operational objectives;
- Providing on-the-job training to employees and clients for AD; and,
- Working autonomously to resolve complex problems in a multi-functional setting, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the function and corporate level.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University or college degree in computer science or information technology;
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in relevant information technology;
- Four (4) years’ experience supporting critical high availability and disaster recovery server environments;
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Windows 2012/2016 and server infrastructure components including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows tiered application support including IIS, ASP and SQL, public key infrastructure and scripting language such as PowerShell and VBScript;
- Demonstrated experience in performance and capacity planning;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts and best practices related to public key infrastructure and digital certificates; and,
- Direct experience with centralized authentication mechanisms and two-factor authentication mechanisms.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.