Business Intelligence Specilaist
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Writing queries, analyzing, visualizing, and providing analytics on data to build reporting solutions to support various company initiatives, i.e. build rich and dynamic dashboards using appropriate visualization tools;
- Working with development teams and stakeholders in analyzing existing reports, identifying duplicates, and designing key reports to satisfy business needs;
- Using a variety of data-mining/data analysis methods, play an integral role in helping leadership drive organizational results with data-based insights including highlighting and rectifying data quality issues;
- Working with business partners to understand business objectives and develop value-added reporting;
- Making sense of large amounts of disparate data to tell a consistent story focused on key strategic decision-making for executives;
- Designing and creating custom reports and dashboards with various data sources and inputs;
- Ensuring the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation for key BI and Reporting processes and deliverables; and,
- Creating training materials to guide business users on how to use dashboards and reporting solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Post-Secondary education in a relevant quantitative or technical discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field);
- Three plus (3+) years of experience conducting statistical or data analysis, manipulating data sets, and building statistical models;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience of designing, implementing, and deploying custom reports;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience implementing BI solutions in SQL 2008/2012 database, ETL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, and Power BI or Tableau;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience with SQL queries, views, and procedures;
- Strong knowledge of Python and the library ecosystem is preferred;
- The ability to work in an Agile project environment;
- Experience with cleaning, transforming, and visualizing data sets;
- Experience with real estate market data is an asset;
- Data modeling experience and experience using statistical computer languages and statistical software packages (i.e. SPSS);
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real- world advantages/drawbacks would be an asset;
- Project management experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a non-technical manner and experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders;
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques;
- Strong analytical, time management, organization, problem solving, and customer service skills; and,
- The ability to be a team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.