Eagle is currently seeking a Network Engineer for a nine (9) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Network Engineer
- Work with our Infrastructure, Security, and Data Architects on the design and build of the WAA’s next generation of infrastructure, which will leverage software-defined storage, servers, and networking to provide common core services for the WAA and its subsidiary companies and to support the WAA’s technology roadmap;
- Work with network monitoring tools to assess/improve network performance and plan network upgrades to accommodate growth;
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that automate or optimize provisioning of infrastructure required for the delivery of QWG IT Services;
- Assist in the development of network standard for the installation, testing, and operations of network equipment;
- Provide technical support to the YWG IT team during the installation, implementation, troubleshooting and ongoing support of the WAA common network services;
- Prepare solutions, specifications and cost estimates for ordering equipment;
- Assist with the evaluation and integration of new products, technologies and software updates into the existing network;
- Plan, coordinate, prioritize, deploy, and manage projects;
- Develop documentation, including network diagrams, standard operating procedures, and other work products required for support of the network;
- Administer the network and wireless environment to provide optimal network availability;
- On-call support may be required.
Skills and Qualifications of a Network Engineer
- Must have experience with Cisco switching, wireless, PRIME and ISE;
- Must have experience with Checkpoint firewalls and routing;
- Experience with Meraki, Dell/Force 10, Cisco ACI, Ubiquiti, Aruba will be considered an asset;
- Must have experience wit VMWare networking concepts;
- Experience working with software-defined networking tools to implement use-cases to automate recurring tasks will be considered an asset;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, negotiation, mentoring and project management skills are required for this position;
- Proficient with Visio, Microsoft Office, Windows and Linux;
- Proven team player able to work in a complex and fast-paced business environment and must be capable of working with little or no direct supervision.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.