Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Java Developer scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Java Developer
- Maintain a familiarity and working knowledge of operations policies, procedures, operating practices and products;
- Maintain familiarity of the Company business strategies and objectives;
- Adhere to legislation and security procedures as they pertain to the responsibilities of the team;
- Understand and adhere to application development standards, conventions and guidelines, as defined;
- May be responsible for the development of standards, conventions, and guidelines;
- Is responsible for research, recommend and apply emerging application development software products, languages and technologies in support of development efforts;
- Is responsible for applying industry best practices in application development, architectures and SDLC methodologies through the recommendation and development of standards and best practices for the team.
Skills and Qualifications of a Java Developer
- Seven or more years and considerable skill in applying programming concepts and constructs, can train others;
- Seven or more years and considerable skill in applying database concepts (normalization, SQL query language constructs), can train others;
- Seven or more years and broad knowledge of and familiarity with the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and related practices and techniques (continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery, code reviews);
- Seven or more years of extensive programming experience working with complex Java applications, API development, unit testing technologies, source control, application design, and responsive design;
- Experience working in an Agile & DevOps environment using agile development methodologies.
- Technologies: SpringBoot, REST, MVC, Hibernate, jUnit, GIT, Maven, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Tools: IntelliJ;
- Nice to have: Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, Angular, REACT, Azure web services, AWS, and Sitecore;
- Must have demonstrated user interaction/support experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking) is an asset;
- Post-secondary education plus seven or more years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with ITIL (preference for ITIL certification) considered an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.