Software Asset Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Software Asset Analyst. This is a nine (9) month contract position to start in April in Toronto ON.
- Maintain the software asset management database (SAM), including input, update, and connection of data for software assets in relation to requisition, procurement, deployment, maintenance, and retirement;
- Receive, record and archive (duplicating, where appropriate) software license keys in the SAM database or definitive software library (DSL), as appropriate;
- Manage license compliance for the organization, participating in software license reviews and data gathering. Managing and monitoring software harvests and reconciliation of software license inventories;
- Remediate any license operating outside its license entitlements and conduct periodic quality assurance audits, identify discrepancies in the SAM database and resolve/escalate them as appropriate and support external audits of hardware and software assets;
- Identify and report on breaches of ITAM policy, and track remedial action.
- Ensure appropriate governance is in place for the IT asset repository to regularly have a 95% or better accuracy;
- Analyzing exception data to identify potential breaches of policy and their causes; investigating and reporting on license compliance issues or shelfware and remediation options;
- Identifying areas for cost savings through the identification of shelfware, alternative support options, rationalization, license recycling, and optimal licensing practices;
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting, and that data completeness and quality issues are quickly identified and escalated to the responsible data or process owners;
- Provides support for the management of software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning, and costing;
- Effectively manage inquiries about software usage, deployment, license availability and external vendor license audit report requests in a timely manner;
- Develop effective ITAM strategies, policy, approaches, and practices across the full range of digital technology assets used within the organization; and,
- Assist with the software support and maintenance renewal process.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level;
- Certified by a recognized national or international IT or IT asset management professional association, or 5 years of experience in SAM;
- Familiarity with databases and an understanding of the basic principles of software asset management;
- Familiarity with specialized software asset management systems;
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management;
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources;
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent PC skills and familiarity with major email, word-processing and spreadsheet packages;
- Highly organized, with attention to detail to provide high-quality, accurate and consistent work; and,
- An ability to work in a collaborative and cooperative manner.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.