Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Equity Desk Support Associate. This is a six (6) month contract position to start immediately in downtown Toronto.
Equity Desk Support Associate works closely with the Global Equity Finance and Prime Services trading desks providing desk support services for all pre and post-execution events. The Associate also works on ensuring that downstream feeds for various products (Equities, OTC Equity, and Interest Rate Derivatives) are Equity Desk Support Analyst works closely with the Global Equity Finance and Prime Services trading desks providing desk support services for all pre and post-execution events. The Analyst also works on ensuring that downstream feeds for various products (Equities, OTC Equity, and Interest Rate Derivatives) are set up and acts as a liaison between the Trading desk and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all new trade bookings and trade amendments are accurately reflected on various trading platforms and updated to properly reflect life cycle events (expiry, reset, dividend, Corporate Actions);
- Ability to take on a leadership role and Liaise with the trading desk and bank stakeholders (Accounting, P&L, Market Risk, VPC, Audit etc.) to ensure that new product setups and downstream flows are accurately setups;
- Act as a 2nd line of defense to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to reduce operational risk, as well as to corroborate adherence to Approved Product List;
- Work closely with IT / PD to automate transactions workflow and create robust trade booking and trade activity monitoring tools;
- Participate in system migration and enhancement projects– conduct UAT testing and assess the impact of trade bookings on Market risk and P&L impact on trading books;
- Proactive to investigate and resolve position, trade and payment discrepancies;
- Responsible for completion of the EOD process including completeness and reconciliation checks; and,
- Ensure all procedure documents are in place and up to date.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Hard working individual, relevant university degree preferred, interested in furthering their career;
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience within a trade support/desk assistant role;
- In-Depth Knowledge of Vanilla and Exotic derivative products (i.e. Equities, OTC Equity, and Interest Rate Derivatives – Swaps, Forwards);
- Familiar with Imagine, Calypso, Bloomberg and Global One trading systems;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly in Excel;
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, detail oriented, highly motivated and adaptable;
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work under pressure – meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills; and,
- Strong attention to detail.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.