Senior Java Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Java Developer. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency, secure, high-availability and performing applications for mission-critical systems;
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle;
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient and secure code;
- Ensuring designs comply with specifications;
- Preparing and producing releases of software components; and,
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives, technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingualism in French and English;
- Proven hands-on software development experience;
- Proven working experience in Java development;
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms;
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design using common enterprise design patterns;
- Profound insight of Java 8 and JEE internals including classloading, memory management, transaction management, SOAP and REST web services and JMS;
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies including JPA2 and Hibernate;
- Experience working with Docker, Containers or Kubernetes;
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Git, Maven, SonarQube, Checkmarx, Bamboo, Jenkins, BitBucket and Artifactory;
- Experience with test-driven development; and,
- Experience in collaboration tools and methodologies such as Agile, JIRA and Wiki.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.