Senior Project Manager
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Senior Project, Managers. This is a six (6) month contract position to start in April in North York ON.
The Project Manager role has direct responsibility for complete life cycle management and accountability of project initiative(s) as assigned, ensuring compliance to client's PM Policy, standards, and procedures. As a Senior Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the execution of various projects. This role is accountable for the business-driven components of a project and will work in partnership with the Enterprise Services IT PM. The Project Manager will deliver a business solution. Key Responsibilities/Job Functions: - Effectively managing projects to deliver on time, on cost and according to client quality expectations: - Ensure a strong understanding of and ability to leverage project management standards across the PM Lifecycle. - Ensure assigned project proposals are positioned for cost/benefit analyses, business case diligence, and alignment with business and other appropriate strategies. - Demonstrate a firm dedication to the project Sponsor’s goals and objectives relative to the project. - Ensure definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality and measures of success. - Develop project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication and procurement in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution and control. - Monitor appropriate risk management practices throughout the project lifecycle- Ensure that change, acceptance and approval management is proactive and effective on all projects. - Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are used by the project teams- Ensure that timely communication occurs between project teams and their stakeholders- Proactively escalate project issues and risks that require Sponsor, Program Management or executive attention- Effectively and consistently manage project status reporting updates on project accomplishments against milestones- Work effectively all delivery teams- Create and manage constructive relationships with Virtual Team Members, Subject Matter Experts, Sponsors, etc. - Demonstrates interest in and accountability for personal and professional development. - Understand Organizational culture; recognize resistance points to outsourcing and negotiate/recommend approaches to resolving conflicts. – Work closely with other Business Group organizations and Enterprise Services to effectively align project resource requirements and work package leadership in support of project objectives
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business with an overall PM experience of seven (7) to ten (10) years;
- MBA - PMP Certification or demonstrated similar training and experience;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Demonstrated experience managing Mergers and Acquisitions specifically in the Insurance and Banking Industry;
- Strong Business PM knowledge, and business acumen demonstrated the ability to work closely with IT partners;
- Strong understanding of Investments and Organizational Change Management;
- Business acumen and the ability to drive the WBS session, and ensure minutes of meetings articulate clearly; and,
- Excellent communication skills for verbal and written as you will be communication with top-level executives and other departments and stakeholders as needed.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.