Programmer /Analyst, Systems and Services
Eagle is currently seeking a Programmer /Analyst, Systems and Services. This is permanent position scheduled to start in April.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three-year diploma in computer science or equivalent;
- Knowledge of French;
- Two (2) plus years’ experience with Windows, Linux/Unix OS, Perl, PHP, Visual Basic or other scripting and programming languages;
- Two (2) plus years’ experience and proven ability working with MySQL, Microsoft SQL and other database software as well as Drupal, REST, SOAP and other web services languages and object-oriented programming including Java, C++ and C#;
- Knowledge of Web Design including HTML, CSS and XML);
- Experience with repository software, preferably Islandora;
- Experience with ticket tracking software including Best Practical Request Tracker and report generation in a multi-OS, multi-application environment;
- Experience in and strong commitment to outstanding user experience;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational and communication skills;
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with colleagues and other professionals in an environment characterized by rapid change;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as well as willingness to work after hours if needed;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple assignments and handle competing demands;
- Knowledge of library technical operations through a recognized library educational program or through experience working in a library IT department (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of metadata and MARCEdit software (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.