Intermediate Technical Writer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Technical Writer. This is a three (3) month contract position to start in April in downtown Toronto.
The main function of a Technical Writer is to write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. A typical technical writer is responsible for organizing, editing and maintaining technical records and files.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology;
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions; and,
- Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Any technical writing education or certification would be an asset;
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in technical writing;
- Skilled at writing in “plain language”;
- Relationship Management skills, able to work in a consultative capacity and elicit the requirements from business partners and SMEs;
- Time management and effective communication skills;
- This team does their writing in Word and publishing in PDF. This candidate will need to be comfortable using Word Templates;
- HTML knowledge/experience; and,
- Previous Financial Experience preferred.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.