Senior Programmer Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start in April in St John's NFLD.
The Programmer Level II will be reporting to the Manager and Team Lead responsible for application support. The resource will be assigned client requests via a ticketing system with priorities and timeframes to complete the work. The selected Programmer Level II resource will be responsible for programming, troubleshooting and application support mostly for, but not limited to, the customer applications. This assignment is for daily application support work and is not project based.
Working under the direction of the Services Manager, the responsibilities of the Programmer Level II will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Follow policies and work processes of the Customer;
- Complete client tickets as assigned by Team Lead using Customer ticketing system;
- Responsible for request processing and the quality control, maintenance, change management, support and administration of production systems;
- Create and modify the code according to the published standards and considering the information management and information protection requirements for the system;
- Perform application upgrades and enhancements to applications using various technologies including but not limited to PHP, Powerbuilder, Net and MS Access;
- Works closely with Team Lead, applications support resources and business users to confirm scope and determine appropriate solutions;
- Develop a secure application code that is integrated with other customized or commercial software programs;
- Troubleshoot and debug application issues such as performance problems;
- Test application upgrades for accuracy and completeness using sample data, test integrations and assist in user acceptance testing;
- Complete quality and peer reviews as required, to ensure high-quality technical deliverables and documentation;
- Assist with writing or updating operation instructions and system documentation;
- Provide training and mentorship to other staff and business users as required;
- Liaise with other groups within the customer such as Operations, DBAs, and Security groups to ensure application security while following IT industry best practices; and,
- Develop and prepare diagrammatic plans for solution of business and technical problems by means of computer systems of varying size, complexity and delivery platforms.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education (2+ year program) in business, computer science, or a related field from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience programming in PowerBuilder;
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience programming in PHP;
- Experience maintaining and creating project documentation such as test plans, work plans, OPMs, DR plans, Network Diagrams etc.;
- Previous experience and knowledge of operational functions required to ensure application security such as firewalls, patching, and certificates;
- Previous experience working with public facing n-tier web applications;
- Experience in developing secure application code that integrates with other customized or commercial software programs such as electronic payment applications, electronic document storage systems or other examples; experience supporting and upgrading MS Access;
- Experience supporting and upgrading MS Access databases and applications; and,
- Provide support activities associated with.Net applications.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.