Eagle is currently seeking an Applications Programmer. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start in April in downtown Toronto.
We are looking for a computer scientist or computer engineer to implement enhancements to risk models, automate manual repetitive tasks, and support basic ETL processes. The suitable candidate has strong technical skills in SAS, UNIX, SQL, and Shell Scripting. Strong communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to multi-task with ad-hoc requests, are required. Finally, the candidate is expected to contribute to the project immediately. This role is 60% coding - 40% interaction.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Computer Science, Engineer or Mathematics degree with eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience:
- Eight (8) years of SAS programming experience;
- Five (5) years of UNIX, experience;
- Five (5) years of Code Automation experience;
- Five (5) years of SQL experience;
- Solid Shell Scripting with five (5) years of experience;
- Three (3) years of QA analysis experience;
- Three (3) years of Data analysis experience;
- SAS certification would be an asset;
- Knowledge or experience with ETL, MS Excel/VBA, Python/R, and, Big Data/ Hadoop would be an asset; and,
- Three (3) years of previous reporting experience.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.