Eagle is currently seeking an Application Manager. This is a six (6) month contract position to start immediately in Toronto ON.
Works closely with Solution Engineering, Business Analysis, Data Management Operations, and external Vendors to ensure that 3rd party market data loads are completed per agreements with downstream consumers.
Lead our daily operations oversight; ensuring that all incidents are tracked, support teams are aware of the impact/severity and clients are effectively managed.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of overall Market Data Services Daily Operations, recommending appropriate systems and/or process changes that improve overall service delivery;
- Lead the resolution of operational issues by engaging the necessary resources from Solution Engineering, Technology and Infrastructure, Managed Services Provider and external 3rd party data providers;
- Participates and leads the intake, triage, and prioritization process to implement changes in the Market Data Services;
- Engages with internal service delivery stakeholders and information technology stakeholders to define the objectives, priorities, scope, milestones and resource requirements for improvements to the Market Data Services;
- Directs maintenance and improvement activities - striking a balance between enhancements and production support activities;
- Manage service outage incidents for the Enterprise Data Platforms team so that impacted stakeholders are appropriately informed;
- Lead the investigation into issues raised through service disruptions, in order to determine improvements in the support of the program;
- Coordinate activities with business analysts, developers, and QA in the planning and release of Enterprise Data Platforms changes;
- Remains current as to business and technology developments and trends affecting enterprise data management in order to inform planning and facilitate the evaluation of solution benefits, costs, and alternatives;
- Contribute to the development of the Data & Analytics Program strategy in order to establish the program and deliver results;
- Support other duties as assigned to progress the Enterprise Data Platforms objectives;
- Accountable for the day to day management of operational issues, client support and Decide priority of response to various issues that may occur at the same time;
- Priority recommendations for the enhancement pipeline;
- Assessing Incident severity based on realized or potential business impact;
- Appropriate responses and communication when triaging and managing incidents;
- Prioritization of root cause resolution activities relative to the likelihood and impact of recurrence;
- Escalation assistance when required with business clients, vendors and internal partners; and,
- Provide direction to teams in the resolution of activities.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University degree, Computer Science, BA, BSc, Business, or Economics;
- Canadian Securities Course. Advanced designations may be an asset, such as CFA, FRM;
- Strong understanding of solutions and technologies that enable the flow of capital markets data to support institutional operations and decision-making;
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle activities involving ETL, data, and database related solutions;
- Good understanding of Agile software development practices;
- Good understanding of ITIL processes including incident, change and problem;
- Comfortable with the database, data warehouse, and various data file formats;
- Understanding of general investment management, investment finance, and corporate concepts, processes, and practices;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Service Delivery or IT role supporting the delivery and operational support of ETL solutions in a Financial Services/Capital Markets context;
- Experience with supporting, testing and integration with various APIs from external vendors;
- Experience with Data Transport (ETL) technologies and capabilities;
- Experience in implementing and operating solutions that support the automated processing of Investment data (e.g., market, transaction, position, valuation, etc.);
- Experience in securities database technology, or data vendor products would be an asset; and,
- Experience with market data vendors including Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, IHS Markit and alternative data vendors an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.