Eagle is currently seeking an Applications Programmer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating quality applications within deadlines and budgets;
- Respecting the systems development cycle and project management methodology;
- Documenting the code properly following the norms and standards;
- Writing or updating the documentation deliverables according to the methodology;
- Creating and maintaining unit tests data;
- Performing unit testing, integrated testing and functional testing in accordance with the methodology and processes to ensure the quality of the code;
- Participating and supporting different levels of tests including performance, systems and acceptance;
- Participating in the planning of deliveries and ensuring a follow-up during deployment;
- Validating estimates and communicating gaps if necessary;
- Communicating daily with members of the development team, tech leads, IT developers, project managers and systems analysts, all relevant information to ensure and efficient projects progress;
- Participating in the improvement of methodologies and standards;
- Participating in impact and organic analysis;
- Participating in the evaluation of efforts; and,
- Participating in the production support including phone support, updating data and processes in production.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or less education combined with relevant experience;
- Bilingualism in French and English;
- Four (4) years’ experience in application programming;
- Four (4) years’ experience in designing, coding, testing and developing applications and their environments according to the norms and standards;
- Two (2) years’ strong knowledge of SAS;
- Two (2) years’ strong knowledge of SQL;
- Two (2) years’ experience in data modeling;
- Two (2) years’ experience with Oracle database;
- Two (2) years’ knowledge of VBA;
- Experience in projects involving multidisciplinary teams including specialists, analysts, IT developer and QAs;
- Good team spirit;
- Demonstrated capacity to adapt;
- Demonstrate autonomy;
- Ability to be results-oriented; and,
- Attention to detail and quality.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.