Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Agile Coach. This is a permanent career opportunity with a top tier organization to start immediately in Toronto ON.
Are you a passionate Change Leader at heart? Do you lead by excellent example and empower your team to do the same? If you are as excited about Agile, communication, group dynamics and effectiveness as our client is - then we want to speak to you!
This role is a change agent with a passion for coaching and empowering teams to transform their behaviors towards a more Agile way of thinking, behaving and working. You will regularly assess delivery teams’ Agile maturity, which will inform your coaching.
What you'll do
Ensure effective Agile team onboarding and training
- Provide ongoing coaching, support, and guidance to team members and all relevant partners to grow and mature an Agile mindset and behaviors;
- Support the development and refinement of our Agile coaching framework, including continuously improving and updating the training curriculum to address any skill gaps;
- Inspire and mentor Scrum Master and Product Owner motivate their teams leading to effective execution of their roles; and,
- Champion regular “health” checks for fully functioning agile teams as well as “on demand” support of troubled teams.
Support consistent Agile process improvement and enables Agile teams to deliver on KPI's
- Observe and engage with teams members to identify opportunities to mature Agile thinking;
- Help anticipate and resolve potential blockers;
- Ensure that teams are interacting with dependent stakeholders effectively;
- Ensure the facilities and artifacts of Agile teams are valued and up to date; and,
- Collaborate with other Agile coaches to continuously improve the Agile processes.
Assess and enhance the organization’s Agile maturity
- Work with senior leadership to develop strategies that instill an awareness of Agile principles and values throughout the organization;
- Works with teams and senior stakeholders to provide key metrics and feedback loops with the intent of encouraging a culture that strikes a healthy balance between governance and autonomy;
- Provide key metrics and feedback loops that strikes a balance between governance and autonomy;
- Lean into difficult conversations, and help foster an atmosphere of safety for team members and their Ecosystems to have safe conversations;
- Work with delivery teams to continuously improve their delivery by focusing on performance improvement, continually consistently and regularly identifying areas for improved delivery; and,
- Conduct Agile maturity assessments and 1:1 feedback sessions with key partners.
Enable a better way of working and drives adoption of Agile mindsets
- Bring a continuous improvement and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) mindset to the Agile teams’ work;
- Reinforce the right culture, behaviors, and mindset within Agile teams and also across the business, based on our corporate leadership principles;
- Models behaviors to support our transformation to a better way of working;
- Actively creates and maintains a healthy culture within Agile teams; and,
- Helps embed the “nervous system” of the new way of working (e.g., cross-functional collaboration, etc.) within Agile teams and also across the business.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree with Five years or more proven experience as an Agile Coach;
- An undergraduate degree is required, with a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification; Certified Product Owner (CSPO) certification being a plus;
- Technical delivery experience, with familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary is an asset;
- A passion for coaching and supporting people to adjust to and adopt changes to their ways of working;
- A passion for Agile principles and excitement to embed them across the business;
- Proven experience in exercising diplomacy, maturity, and judgment;
- Demonstrated capacity to inspire, influence and achieve alignment up, down and across the organization;
- Three or more years’ experience cultivating agile principles and values and applying these principles to working with or in Agile teams ;
- Change management and process excellence (“Lean methodology”) experience an asset;
- Proficient in the application of Agile methodologies and employment of multiple coaching frameworks, methodologies, and techniques;
- Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology, and vocabulary;
- Awareness and embodiment of corporate leadership principles & behaviors;
- Ability to understand, empathize and bridge multiple perspectives and to advise and invite alternate viewpoints in different stakeholders, including Senior Leadership; and,
- Experience leading or being part of a Guild or equivalent support network an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.