Eagle is currently seeking a Systems Analyst. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing administrative tasks for the Atlassian products such as installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, backup and recovery;
- Designing, configuring, managing and supporting Atlassian tools;
- Configuring and adjusting settings in the software such as firewall settings and parameters;
- Maintaining multiple environments including Dev, Pre-Prod and Production under change control;
- Performing Jira server monitoring, security compliance and new enhancements;
- Debugging, troubleshooting and resolving related technical and non-technical problems, including vendor interaction;
- Documenting, creating and modifying manuals for end-users, system administrators and support staff;
- Providing on-going support required to identifying opportunities for improving support services, undertaking preliminary research on process improvements and procedures, and proposing ways in which they can be implemented;
- Collaborating with client groups and other IT support elements to promote exchange of information and to work together towards joint solutions;
- Providing effective and professional service to users;
- Troubleshooting, reviewing and analyzing repeat application problems and devising long term solutions to prevent their reoccurrence;
- Understanding problems and issues identified by clients and finding possible technological solutions;
- Working within deadlines which can be difficult or impossible to renegotiate;
- Adapting to meet the changing needs and priorities of the organization and adopting and minimizing the impact and resistance to changes; and,
- Developing, documenting and implementing appropriate security measures as per the customer’s security process.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree or college diploma from a recognized institution in an IT related discipline or acceptable combination of education, training and experience related to the position;
- Five (5) years’ experience within the last eight (8) years;
- Experience troubleshooting applications running in a Linux environment;
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to networking, load balancing, firewalls and proxies;
- Experience troubleshooting web application issues such as browser issues, slowness and HTIP errors;
- Familiarity with Web application security including CSRF, CORS, TLS and Injection;
- Experience providing technical support and advice on enterprise systems and the underlying enterprise IT infrastructure;
- Experience in responding to and resolving IT incidents, troubleshooting problems and implementing changes on enterprise systems and the underlying enterprise IT infrastructure;
- Experience performing system administration tasks on enterprise systems and the underlying enterprise IT infrastructure;
- Experience planning, architecting, configuring, installing and supporting enterprise systems in an enterprise environment;
- Experience with Tomcat and NGINX;
- Experience configuring and maintaining application links between Jira and Confluence as well as other applications like Bamboo;
- Familiarity with database administration, and demonstrated competency in writing SQL queries;
- Experience integrating Atlassian products with other applications (an asset); and,
- Experience with API's and tool integrations (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.