Network Engineer Position
225 Richmond Street West
Eagle is currently seeking a Network Engineer Position. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical, administrative, and operational support for IP LAN/WAN network infrastructure serving frontline broadband residential and enterprise and IPTV customers;
- Configuring, managing and maintaining of IP network elements and technology platforms such as Juniper and Cisco Routers, Switches and Fortinet firewalls;
- Resolving customer connectivity, activation and security cases;
- Designing, configuring and testing of existing and new IP transport infrastructure, components and services;
- Providing expert technology platform support of change control process, including impact analysis, method of procedure review, implementation and verification;
- Maintaining all related network design and support documentation;
- Ensuring seamless introduction of new technology platforms and services into production network;
- Work in an on-call environment as well as night shifts as required;
- Executing backup and restoration of backbone and customer data;
- Onsite troubleshooting, escalation management and resolving issues as required;
- Monitoring network performance and applications;
- Ensuring fulfillment for quality of service (SLA) for all network infrastructure; and,
- Reporting on network performance and utilization equipment and applications as well as registering unauthorized or forbidden activities of the users.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Expert knowledge in the design, operation, and optimization of data centres, ISP peering, Internet Access including DSL and Cable, Firewalls and VPNs, DDoS, DPI, and core routing and transport networks;
- Expertise in documentation and network topology visualization at all OSI levels;
- Expert knowledge in dynamic and static routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, GRE, MPLS, MPLS-TE, LDP, PIM, IGMP and MVPN;
- Expert knowledge of WAN and LAN technologies including MPLS, QoS, VLAN, STP, LACP, VRRP, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, ANYCAST, DPI, VPN and CGNAT;
- Solid understanding of VoIP, IPTV/Video and compression techniques;
- Experience in Firewall and proxy administration;
- Experience in Juniper and Cisco network equipment administration;
- Experience with Cisco IOS and XR, Juniper MX and SRX routing, security and switching platforms, Juniper MX and SRX;
- Experience in DNS and DHCP service administration;
- Experience with setup and use of tools including SNMP, RMON, Wireshark, TWAMP and Netflow;
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a team;
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies and network practices in a constantly evolving service provider infrastructure;
- Outstanding analytical and methodical troubleshooting skills;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in Software Defined Networking (SDN), Voice over IP (VoIP) or IPTV (an asset);
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in IP-based service operational environment (an asset); and,
- Certification as CCIE, CCNA or JNCIE in routing and switching, service provider, or data centre (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.