Junior Tech Support
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Junior Tech Support. This is a three (3) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the day to day running of IT infrastructure technologies and managing the life cycle of delivering standard components in IT;
- Conducting component installation, maintenance and decommissioning;
- Supporting and maintaining, production scheduling and control, reports distribution, print center operation, ensuring support for agreed upon IT service levels, as well as backup and recovery capacity for any of the IT infrastructure component areas;
- Following broad technology area such as computer servers and storage support, network and voice support, market data support, security administration, database administration, web administration and data center management;
- Undertaking project work such as implementation of new technology infrastructure to support new business initiatives, including infrastructure deployment or upgrades, communicating with vendors and liaising with other IT teams;
- Providing all IT support services to clients, maintaining the production environment and working with other IT departments to ensure the delivery of requests;
- Identifying production issues or taking support calls from their business clients and for managing production incidents from inception to resolution;
- Working with application developers or engineers to ensure solutions meet long term goals;
- Undertaking a wide variety of project work such as implementation of new technologies, testing and roll-out of configuration, application and operating system upgrades, deployment of security hot-fixes and patches and addressing audit and regulatory requirements;
- Developing deep technical knowledge becoming subject matter experts in their specialist fields which can be leveraged in the delivery of the firm’s IT strategy, either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm;
- Applying basic level of knowledge to the role;
- Referring upwards any unusual or non-routine requests, as appropriate;
- Observing other implementing solutions;
- Performing day to day tasks, under direct supervision that are repetitive in nature, consisting of documented procedures and processes that need to be followed;
- Responding to work requests;
- Monitoring many applications and systems, acting as pre-defined;
- Escalates issues as required;
- Providing general reporting;
- Escalating client and colleague enquiries and issues as it relates to day to day operational functions;
- Delivering on a set of operational functions as well as participation in minor project related activities;
- Adhering to defined measures and quality of work; and,
- Developing knowledge of local systems and business.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree OR technical diploma OR equivalent;
- Bilingualism in French and English;
- One (1) year bilingual call center experience;
- Excellent client relationship skills and solid understanding of the IT business;
- Working knowledge of industry standard architectural tools, processes and frameworks;
- Basic familiarity with relevant IT systems;
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and process improvements;
- Awareness of range of activities and tasks pertaining to applicable work area and function; and,
- Familiarity with procedures and service requirements relative to the role.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.