Sr. Database Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Sr. Database Administrator for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin March 2019.
Key Responsibilities of a Sr. Database Administrator
- Provide support for all enterprise databases including performance analysis and tuning, space utilization and planning, establishing and monitoring backup/recovery procedures and security settings;
- Perform routine database administration tasks such as applying patches, database upgrades, restores, archiving and cloning/replication;
- Ensure Company information systems have current maps and address data – identify, analyze and implement updates on a regular basis;
- Monitor standards to ensure database objects, program data access, procedures and facilities are utilized;
- Monitor all databases to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of information;
- Provide database design and support for system enhancements and/or development;
- Evaluate and recommend database related software products to improve administration, performance and service delivery;
- Recommend standards, guidelines, procedures and policies to ensure best practices;
- Provide technical guidance regarding corporate databases to peers;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications of a Sr. Database Administrator
- Graduation from a recognized Institute of Technology or University program in an appropriate specialty specifically related to Infrastructure administration and analysis;
- A minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in systems analysis and design, including experience as a DBA responsible for large SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 databases;
- Experience with SQL Server high availability solutions (Mirroring, Clustering, Replication, AlwaysON);
- Experience with database tools (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, Profiler, Spotlight);
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and VMware technologies in a SAN environment;
- Experience with PowerShell scripting would be an asset;
- Experience with large Business Intelligence databases would be an asset;
- Experience with Hexagon tools and CAD databases would be an asset;
- Experience with Niche RMS databases would be an asset;
- Experience with Enterprise GIS database design and maintenance would be an asset;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) would be considered an asset;
- Experience in disaster planning, recovery, performance tuning and working on large projects;
- Knowledge of how to perform database migration and upgrade tasks while minimizing downtime;
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal communication, technical writing, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.