Technology Product Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Technology Product Specialist for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring quality and relevance of a proprietary, business-critical application, leveraging the software to deliver on business needs while staying current and ahead of technological trends;
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and anticipate what changes in features or functionality will better enable utilization of the application;
- Evaluating and identifying opportunities for improvement of the application from both a business and technical perspective to meet needs within a changing business climate;
- Executing on strategic vision for the application as defined by Technology Managers and the Executive Team;
- Creating long-term product road maps to schedule updates and releases six (6) to twelve (12) months in advance, and project manage implementations;
- Prioritizing feature requests and work items in conjunction with technology management to ensure the timely delivery to users while ensuring efficient and effective use of development resources;
- Managing the product backlog to track incoming feature requests or changes (via tickets, project intake forms, etc.), document technical and business requirements, and ensure proper sign-off;
- Consulting with the internal Change Advisory Board and senior leaders on release schedules, and communicate and liaise with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure build process is followed consistently;
- Writing clear and concise work items from which developers can write code;
- Proactively communicating upcoming changes with impacted users and follow-up on suggestions from internal stakeholders regarding feature requests;
- Assisting with the creation of training materials and oversee educating the Application Support Team and users on new features; and,
- Following up with users post release for feedback on newly developed features or changes and ensure lessons learned and feedback are incorporated into future sprints.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience in business analysis and project management;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in project management in a technology-focused role;
- The ability to synthesize information to understand the larger impact to the business and users while providing recommendations to improve overall functionality and optimization of a proprietary, business-critical application;
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, or formal Application Lifecycle Management;
- Excellent written communication skills and previous experience in technical requirements documentation;
- The ability to liaise effectively with Partners, executive team, senior managers, internal stakeholders, and key decision-makers; and,
- Previous development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure Development Operations, or Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) considered an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.