Senior Solution Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Solution Architect. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the development, evolution and oversight of the overall vision for information lifecycle of the corporation and clients by collaborating with management, staff and stakeholders on data strategy, architecture, rationalization, quality and analytics to support strategic business initiatives;
- Providing guidance and basic principles of projects to assist in efficient management of data assets;
- Providing end-to-end vision and knowledge to projects to help them better design solutions from a data perspective;
- Closing the gap between the technical and high-level business requirements from a data perspective by effectively communicating to business owners and technical teams;
- Implementing and overseeing enterprise data governance and data management program;
- Establishing and overseeing basic data modeling principles;
- Designing data architectures and designing and building complex relational databases and data warehouses to satisfy business and technical application requirements;
- Developing strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database;
- Performing database tuning and optimization and providing suggestions on database performance improvement to the application support and project development teams;
- Developing logical and physical data models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data;
- Providing expertise, guidance and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization;
- Utilizing industry and competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business;
- Implementing relational and multi-dimensional database solutions using available database development tools; and,
- Providing leadership and direction to a team of database developers to ensure technical requirements are met.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent;
- Five to eight (5-8) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT;
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience as a Data Architect;
- Ability to consolidate business requirements and translate them into sound solution architecture;
- Significant experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server or others;
- Established and recognized areas of expertise in data standards and database products;
- Strong data management skills including relationships and conversion requirements;
- Familiarity with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross-application context;
- Knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages;
- Familiarity with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments;
- Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration;
- Experience and knowledge in relevant IT domain;
- Strong negotiation and influence skills;
- Mature perspective on architecture and its role in a dynamic company;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation;
- Excellent understanding of technologies both current and emerging;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment;
- Graduate degree in business administration (MBA) (an asset); and,
- Certifications and skills in TOGAF, ITIL foundations, IT Architecture, SOA and Integration technologies such as FUSE, DataStage and MQ (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.