Senior SQA Tester
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior SQA Tester. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing requirements and technical design documents with developers to confirm expected functionality and business needs;
- Developing test strategy, test cases and scenarios;
- Determining test tools, infrastructure and test data requirements;
- Communicating with leads regarding project readiness, status and potential risks;
- Documenting, quantifying, and elevating risks as appropriate;
- Providing statistical reporting and analysis as necessary;
- Tracking and coordinating defect resolution and retesting quantifying and mitigating risk accordingly;
- Enthusiastically collaborating with business partners to ensure data and reporting requirements are fulfilled;
- Participating in discovery meetings, providing estimates, analyzing and validating project requirements and technical specifications, performing impact analysis and documenting key issues;
- Resolving issues found in testing, developing benchmarks for testing data and providing metrics reporting on test execution and defects;
- Driving application testing including functional testing, results validation, regression testing, system, integration testing, automated testing and user acceptance testing; and,
- Providing timely and effective communication to the Test Lead related to quality, resource and project issues and concerns.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area of study;
- Five to seven (5-7) years of hands-on QA work experience in testing web applications;
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience working with SQL, writing complex queries;
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working in an agile environment where QA engineers are part of scrum teams;
- Experience working with development teams from the initial development of business requirements, through all the development and testing steps and providing on-going maintenance and support;
- Ability to go through the business logic, get the source data, apply the business logic, manually or script and create baselines;
- Knowledge of software testing processes and automated tools such as Selenium, JMeter and HP QTP with an ability to apply software testing methods and techniques in a business intelligence environment;
- Experience with Bug tracking tools like JIRA, TFS or VSTS/Azure DevOps;
- Strong experience in writing advanced SQL statements in order to test data loads and knowledge of relational databases with the ability to navigate and extract data as necessary;
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing, while also articulating and translating technical language to non-technical customers;
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and communicate complex requirements and issues clearly and concisely;
- Ability to analyze the root cause of a problem and demonstrate good sense when handing the problem over to development;
- SDLC experience using agile methodologies;
- Experience with testing web APIs or Web Services such as SOAP and RESTful using tools such as SOAP UI;
- Experience with source control and versioning using tools such as TFS and GIT;
- Basic understanding of any OOP language including C# and Java;
- Experience with functional and end-to-end testing using Selenium in Web Applications (an asset); and,
- Experience testing WCAG 2.0 compliance (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.