Intermediate Database Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Database Administrator for a two (2) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the health of database servers;
- Troubleshooting issues using logs, alerts, etc.;
- Managing security by requests - grant and revoke permissions;
- Performing ETL processes using scheduled SQL agent jobs, SSIS packages, or SQL scripts;
- Migrating database objects/artifacts from one environment to another i.e. testing, staging, production;
- Loading data from operational Oracle database to the SQL data warehouse and loading data from staging to production database;
- Monitoring scheduled windows tasks and making sure the database and log backups are well maintained;
- Monitoring server resources;
- Supporting UAT including database backup and restore and executing ETL processes;
- Re-indexing and updating statistics; and,
- Solving performance issues using execution plan, DMVs, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three plus (3+) years’ SQL Server experience;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience in a DBA skillset, specifically on a Data Warehouse;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience with TSQL, SSIS, SQL Agent, BI Analytical Tools;
- Experience with data import/export and understanding ETL processes in Data Warehousing environment;
- Database tuning skills;
- The ability to quickly come up to speed in new environment;
- Strong team interaction skills; and,
- Tableau server administration experience is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.