SCADA Engineer I
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a SCADA Engineer for a ten (10) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Playing a key role in the integration of projects to SCADA production by providing technical support, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, and application testing/configuration changes;
- Working closely with staff in the planning, organizing, and delivering projects to the Control Centre;
- Working closely with various teams to assist on requests to meet business needs;
- Working closely with the SCADA Operations and SCADA Support teams to ensure changes in the SCADA System is communicated and transitioned properly;
- Overseeing the successful transition of applications and new instance of PROCYS (RTAP), OASyS, Cygnet into operation;
- Providing guidance to junior Integrators or at times, coordinate the work of a small team;
- Assisting in SCADA system commissioning effort;
- Supporting critical applications through 7X24 call-out rotation;
- Collaborating with team members to ensure SCADA project needs are met;
- Communicating technical requirements to non-technical audience members;
- Preparing and maintaining documentation as per the client’s standards;
- Participating in the Health and Safety program;
- Supporting the development and transition of the SCADA Replacement Program;
- Safe and effective implementing/execution of SCADA integration projects in collaboration with the other groups within SCADA Services; and,
- Escalating issues to the Supervisor of SCADA team.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- An Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline;
- A minimum of four (4) years of work experience;
- A strong understanding of SCADA best practices, standards, and operating procedures;
- Working Knowledge of UNIX, C, C++, Java, and Perl programming language;
- Working Knowledge of Process Control Systems and SCADA;
- The ability to lead, develop, and monitor activities of junior staff;
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem solving skills; and,
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.