Intermediate Financial Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Financial Analyst. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing and interpreting the SBU and LOB results as well as providing strategic/value-added insight;
- Developing, producing and maintaining critical information and data analysis;
- Researching, analyzing and interpreting financial data to identify any impact to the SBU's / LOB’s operations;
- Ensuring that business requirements related to the tools and processes associated with management reporting are addressed and are effectively functioning;
- Consolidating and analyzing the performance reporting and competitive results to present in a meaningful form for Executive Management;
- Coordinating the reporting and analytics process and developing relationships with various stakeholders;
- Working on ad hoc projects and analysis as required, to be presented in a well-organized, professional manner to Senior Executives, including SEVPs, EVPs, and SVP and CFO;
- Developing, coordinating and maintaining processes to report and analyze key performance metrics, including P&L, regulatory and economic capital and balance sheet metrics;
- Meeting established Service Level Agreement targets for timing and quality of deliverables;
- Working collaboratively with other COEs and Finance Business Support partners to ensure client needs are met on a timely basis;
- Proactively contributing to a culture of continuous improvement by reviewing the reports that are produced with a view to rationalize, standardize and optimize;
- Reviewing workflow to identify opportunities for streamlining and eliminating waste;
- Supporting the transition of current reports to the appropriate COE or businesses;
- Liaising with internal auditors, as required;
- Ensuring compliance with financial and internal controls; and,
- Contributing to high-performing team environment and improving individual capabilities to optimize value-add services for partners.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in business or accounting;
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience working a as Financial Analyst;
- CMA/CPA certificate or working towards it;
- Experience with management reporting;
- Knowledge of finance management;
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills including think-cell, pivots, v-lookup and smart view;
- Ability to construct and maintain complex models using PC applications;
- Ability to organize and manipulate large volumes of data to draw meaningful conclusions;
- Results orientation with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to be detail oriented, organized, and manage time effectively;
- Excellent communication skills both written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to draw insight from data with the ability to tell a story about the data;
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines;
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to take on ad hoc projects and support various LOBs/teams;
- Ability to identify strategies to improve processes and reduce errors;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Essbase experience (an asset); and,
- Tableau experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.