Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Platform Engineer. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and testing an automated and resilient big data infrastructure and platform for the information excellence program;
- Working proactively and effectively within EIM, ITS and other technology and business partners to provide technical direction, support, expertise and best practices in the systems and infrastructure that encompass the information excellence platform;
- Providing technical design guidance and oversight to the EIM infrastructure and platform design team;
- Providing guidance to all delivery teams, ensuring all physical designs meet the IPD team's strict fault-tolerant, scalable guidelines;
- Leading or actively participates in POC/design sessions and providing detailed template guidelines for junior engineers to follow;
- Contributing to the development of the Hadoop platform's technical design and capability roadmap, including clearly documenting the various interdependencies to ensure all platform users can design and implement components, processes and capabilities in a seamless and expedient manner;
- Analyzing business requirements and recommending optimal solutions within technology architecture;
- Developing and documenting system and infrastructure configurations utilizing the SDLC methodology;
- Participating in the preparation of system implementation plans and support procedures;
- Providing ongoing system automation management support to information excellence teams and related business partners;
- Performing regular and frequent infrastructure risk assessment and proactively addressing risks; and,
- Ensuring accountability for platform performance and recommendations for platform performance tuning to meet the various delivery teams' non-functional requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Six (6) plus years of experience in system administration, information management, system automation and testing;
- Four to five (4-5) plus years of enterprise server infrastructure including enterprise server management software;
- Three (3) years’ experience as systems admin in Unix environment;
- Two to three (2-3) years strong proficiency in Linux shell scripting and system configuration scripting such as Salt and Ansible;
- Two (2) years of large enterprise infrastructure project delivery;
- Two (2) years SDLC / PMLC experience and understanding the dynamics of complex delivery, not just methodology;
- One (1) year of Linux enterprise management tools such as Satellite or Ansible Tower;
- Demonstrated history of being self-motivated, energetic, results-driven, and executing with excellence;
- Effective inter-personal skills working well with a fast-moving team;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners;
- Experience with Big Data and Hadoop (an asset); and,
- Finance industry experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.