Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Software Developer. This is a six (6) month contract position to start immediately in downtown Toronto.
This is an infrastructure project. We have an application which is completely residing on the AIX platform. This needs to be moved from that to Linux. It is essentially an ITS migration project. By the end of fiscal year, the client is getting rid of IBM platform completely, therefore applications on AIX platforms must be moved to Linux platforms.
- Develop and host web-enabled and database driven applications in Java Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver solutions;
- Design and develop quality solutions for systems issues consistent with project objectives;
- Develop, implement and maintain solutions that maximize system availability. Periodic scope assistance;
- A vacancy exists for a developer to join the team in the delivery and development of this project and to eventually contribute to future enhancement, support, and maintenance post-delivery;
- As part of this team, prime responsibility will be to:
- Work with other team members to cooperatively design, develop and deploy quality solutions in order to satisfy project objectives and client requirements;
- Writes, tests and debugs code;
- Participates in code reviews;
- Comply with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology;
- Take part in the construction of the requirements, design, testing and deployment documents;
- Ensure consistency in coding standards;
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full-time staff upon completion of the contract term; and,
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation as required.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Advanced, modern, full-stack Java technical skills: Core Java, Spring, SOAP, REST, Angular: 5 years;
- Prior experience designing and implementing multi-threaded and multi-process large scale systems;
- Proven experience leading development teams through the whole project lifecycle;
- Experience in software development using Java enterprise technologies: 8+ years;
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate framework: 4+ years;
- Experience in Angular 1.6 and above. 3 years;
- Solid experience and a very good understanding of client-server architecture and Object-Oriented Programming concepts;
- Ability to express design concepts in UML; ability to efficiently capture and express requirements and design in written and diagrammatic forms;
- A track record of great teamwork and the ability to work independently and drive projects to completion;
- Technical team leadership skills, including the ability to assume delivery responsibility for the project, and to keep a small team of developers occupied and efficient; and,
- knowledge and experience with Pega and Infrastructure/Architecture will be a big Plus for this position;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.