Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Capturing business features and developing appropriate documentation for projects delivering business-critical systems, in accordance with the client’s methodology;
- Collaborating, defining, and preparing user stories with project teams and business users;
- Facilitating and assisting the business in prioritizing (and re-prioritizing) requirements, user stories and feature development;
- Distinguishing between user requests and underlying needs;
- Presenting to and working alongside various levels of the organization;
- Identifying risks and recommending mitigation strategies;
- Decomposing high level information to detail as aggregate detail to high-level information;
- Raising and pursuing root problems and probing with clarifying questions;
- Encouraging team members/stakeholders to be inventive and to present recommendations;
- Presenting recommendations based on facts and confirmed requirements;
- Fostering a collaboration approach by giving team members/stakeholders a common focus;
- Collaborating with project teams to ensure projects are delivered to meet business requirements;
- Building and maintaining relationships with the project business stakeholders and business partners, including vendors;
- Providing support to the Quality Assurance Analysts in the creation of acceptance criteria and execution of formal test plans;
- Providing support to Developers to ensure coding supports business objectives and requirements;
- Providing support to User Experience Practitioners in the definition and validation of wireframes and usability exercises;
- Providing hands-on contribution in the areas of training and post-implementation support as required; and,
- Participating in the BA community to ensure BA practices are relevant and are adhered.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree or equivalent in an IT-related discipline;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a software development environment;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a business analysis role;
- Experience conducting process analysis;
- Experience working with third party vendors;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to understand both general and business needs and incorporate evolving industry best practices;
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and technologies in support of cable, internet, telephony, network, and wireless would be an asset;
- Systems integration experience with highly integrated environments is an asset;
- Formal project delivery methodologies and standard business process mapping notation and tools;
- In-house development using Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall methods and practices;
- The ability to quickly learn new business and technical concepts;
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing team environment; and,
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach with the ability to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.