Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Senior Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing multiple projects;
- Supervising other Project Managers and managing scope that is partially defined;
- Providing end-to-end project management for highly complex projects with high impact;
- Defining the work framework and reporting according to the set framework such as schedule and budget;
- Pro-actively managing risks to project success;
- Managing changes to the schedule to deliver in timely manner according to the agreed upon timeline;
- Validating and challenging the budgetary estimates and actual;
- Ensuring mitigation plan exists and validates course of action;
- Identifying risks that require communication back to the business and up to the executives;
- Ensuring the team works in a cohesive manner, and removes roadblocks to ensure team moves forward;
- Establishing and maintains project governance;
- Facilitating open information flows among stakeholders;
- Defining, collecting, monitoring, and analyzing project metrics;
- Managing project performance;
- Managing issue tracking, ownership, and resolutions;
- Running high level project meetings and managing reporting and sign-off with stakeholders;
- Managing the change requests process and ensuring impacts are integrated into plans;
- Ensuring adherence to project management standards and best practices;
- Identifying all resources required to support the project activities;
- Creating communications such as status, issues and risks for senior management discussion;
- Creating, managing and driving resolution of issues log including description, ownership and action plan;
- Documenting and distributing all decisions and agreements related to the project;
- Managing construction and implementation for highly complex or several complex projects;
- Maintaining project work schedules and assigning work;
- Updating project plans;
- Ensuring the project is meeting budget, timelines, and resource commitments;
- Managing project close-out for a highly complex projects as phases are completed;
- Managing post implementation review; and,
- Identifying lessons learned.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree;
- Seven (7) years of work experience;
- Demonstrates ability to manage and track multiple projects through the life cycle steps of initiation, planning, execution and project closure;
- Demonstrates ability to manage large teams of 20 plus resources;
- Experience contributing to improvements in life cycle, based on lessons learned;
- Knowledgeable in airline industry;
- Industry certification (an asset); and,
- Graduate degree (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.