Senior Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a six (6) month contract position to start immediately in downtown Toronto.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Project Manager to join our Procurement and Corporate Finance team. This position will be located in Toronto.
The Business Project Manager will be responsible for the delivering projects throughout the entire project life cycle (concept to close), focusing on the business-driven components of projects which involve multiple business units. The Business Project Manager may also work in partnership with the Enterprise Services (IT) Project Managers to deliver fully integrated business/IT initiatives.
- Manage all phases of projects from concept to closure while leveraging Project Management best practice standards and processes;
- Manage client relations to ensure that project delivery expectations are specified and met;
- Create project deliverables that meet/exceed the project sponsor's specified expectations;
- Engage project stakeholders and communicate project updates effectively to ensure buy-in and project success (examples: meetings, status updates, issue resolution);
- Provide clear direction and motivation to project staff;
- Work with multi-site/virtual project teams;
- Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are used by the project teams;
- Develop project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication and procurement in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution and control;
- Monitor all projects result for significant deviations and ensure the development of contingency plans where necessary;
- Successfully manage and escalate as required project changes, risks, issues, and actions;
- Leadership, influencing, and facilitation skills to coordinate and direct effective meetings for project teams;
- Project Management Office accountabilities and reporting as required; and,
- Identify ongoing continuous improvement opportunities.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Overall PM experience of 5+ years at a senior level, with notable experience managing business projects;
- Sound knowledge of project management techniques, tools, and methodologies;
- Proven experience leading and managing large, complex projects;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks;
- Ability to apply judgment and business knowledge to current situations;
- Results oriented;
- Demonstrated efficiency with facilitation and presentation skills;
- Proven effective relationship skills with demonstrated ability to influence others and achieve buy-in;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (verbal & written);
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed or shared service organizational model;
- Ability to work with ambiguity and set plans to achieve clarity;
- Positive, energetic attitude;
- Proven experience in effectively working with IT Teams;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting customer expectations;
- PMP certification or equivalent would be an asset;
- University degree or equivalent; and,
- Experience managing projects within a program.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.