Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager. This is a six (6) month contract position to start immediately in downtown Toronto.
This is an infrastructure project. We have an application which is completely residing on the AIX platform. This needs to be moved from that to Linux. It is essentially an ITS migration project. By the end of fiscal year, moving off the IBM platform completely, therefore applications on AIX platforms must be moved to Linux platforms.
The successful candidate will be leading a team of 3 to 4 people. This is a very high visibility project and the candidate will be dealing with AVPS, VPS along with other PMs so it will gain very good exposure.
- Sets direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals;
- Direct or manages large-scale applications, programs or projects across multiple product lines, involving significant scope and complexity;
- Ensures delivery of projects to the business partner, meeting the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project;
- Perform a governing role for, ensuring that the proposal, execution, control, deployment, training and handoff, warranty support, and closure meet promised schedules;
- Performs risk identification and mitigation activities, escalating unresolved issues to the Executive and/or Steering Committee where appropriate to secure their timely decisions/support;
- Manages the acquisition and deployment of resources, including budget, by working with the Project Managers to secure the resources required for the project;
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise; and,
- The successful candidate will be required to work with and influence senior level leaders and partner with other IT Managers.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing large and complex IT projects;
- Full life cycle development experience;
- Previous Financial industry experience;
- Experience with ITS migration projects;
- Ability to deal with higher executives;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Strong technical background;
- Having experience working on ITS project’s application migration from AIX to Linux;
- Knowledge and experience with Agile methodology;
- Previously worked on PEGA applications would be an asset;
- Expertise in MS Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint with eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience; and, and,
- PMP certification would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.