PeopleSoft Database Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a PeopleSoft Database Administrator. This is an eleven (11) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with management to provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, build and delivery of technology-enabled application database, products and high-quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards;
- Providing detailed solutions to business/technical issues and ensuring that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met;
- Providing solution recommendations that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact;
- Providing high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members;
- Interacting with the technical;
- Providing feedback to architecture or high-level solution designs, plans, requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs;
- Integrating system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between company and service providers;
- Performing system installations and software testing;
- Translating logical data model to physical data model;
- Implementing efficient databases;
- Conducting technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews;
- Functioning in a support capacity to provide isolation and resolution of software issues and providing recommendations and communicating options for resolution of software issues;
- Collaborating with project or support teams;
- Utilizing data models and processing models based on the business requirements in order to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution;
- Participating in defects meetings;
- Supporting all testing, creating code drop release notes and the implementation of development components;
- Providing timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and manager; and,
- Following the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent;
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of enterprise database solutions;
- Five (5) plus years solid PeopleSoft database build and cloning experience;
- Five (5) plus years solid experience with Peoplesoft PeopleTools, Application Designer, Data Mover, and Upgrade with Change Assistant and Patch updates;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as Authentication/Authorization, Active Directory, LDAP, CICS Transaction Gateway, JMS, MQ, JDBC, FTP and Mail;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in developing business applications that have transaction data in DB2 and Oracle databases;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS and sFTP;
- Five (5) plus years of experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x operating system;
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities;
- Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs;
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges;
- Ability to be a good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills; and,
- Five (5) plus years’ experience with IBM WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Message Broker products (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.