Intermediate ETL Tester
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate ETL Tester. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in creating the following data warehouse testing project deliverables: test strategy, test plan, test cases, traceability matrix, test results summary, defect management tracking;
- Assessing data warehouse testing requirements and performing gap analysis between technical design specifications and business requirements;
- Designing data warehouse test cases to ensure that functional, non-functional and technical requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase;
- Executing test plans and creating test reports to define testing and quality outcomes;
- Assisting developers in recreating data warehouse issues and defects;
- Executing manual and automated test cases according to test strategy/plan and project schedule; and,
- Maintaining effective communication with the software developers, other testers and data architect on project risks, impacts from testing outcomes.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Two (2) plus years of experience in Software Quality Assurance on heavy data warehouse projects;
- Two (2) plus years of experience leading testing activities and communicating progress, issues and risks to multiple stakeholders;
- Two (2) plus years of writing advance SQL and advance knowledge on relational database design;
- Extensive prior experience with data transformation ETL testing from source to target;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exposure to data warehousing concepts through hands-on experience in testing multiple data marts, metadata models, integration of legacy and future state data and business intelligence reports;
- Knowledge and experience with Defect management tool: HPQC/JIRA, RDB: Teradata/Oracle;
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum and SDLC process (an asset);
- Experience with ETL Tool, preferably IBM Data Stage (an asset); and,
- Experience with Tableau (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.