Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Jr. Communications Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Junior. Communications Specialist. This is a six (6) month contract position to start immediately in Toronto ON.
The Communications Specialist is accountable for the planning, development, and execution of employee and customer communications strategies, and the implementation/delivery of tools and vehicles in support of the Treasury & Payment Solutions (TPS) products and services, for both our Canadian and U.S. markets. As a member of the Workforce Effectiveness team, the individual works closely in collaboration with business leaders and key stakeholder groups, as well as Canadian and the U.S. headquarter teams. The individual is responsible for advising on, developing, researching, ensuring accuracy and obtaining approvals and translations of communications across the business, ensuring alignment and integration with the needs of the business and in support of our business strategy. Communications should be engaging, well-written, efficient, timely and consistent in delivery across all relevant internal and client audiences.
Working closely with Corporate Marketing, Product, Sales, Legal, Compliance and other HQ teams, the incumbent brings expert-level communications planning, execution, writing, and editing, in leveraging best-in-class customer communication practices and an fresh and creative approach to engaging audiences both in and outside the organization.
- Supporting strategic, targeted and actionable change plans through the development of core messaging, tactics and implementation to enhance employee understanding, improve customer retention and mitigate risks associated with complex change;
- Overseeing the development, planning and execution of our strategic communications plan, regular, ad-hoc and timely customer and employee messaging, as required, to communicate changes, project initiatives, encourage information sharing and support other communication needs;
- Providing communications support on service notifications as part of a rotated shared team responsibility;
- Developing and designing visually engaging communications using the Microsoft suite of products, with particular strengths working magic in Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher; and,
- Maintaining the client’s standard for writing, style, voice, and look-and-feel, in collaboration with the client’s Corporate Marketing for all external communications.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- College/University degree/certificate preferred in communications, PR, journalism, etc.;
- Prior experience with graphics (creating banners, creating PowerPoint);
- Strong relationship management, strategic thinking, and influencing skills;
- The HM is looking for someone that is a self-starter, proactive takes initiative and not laid back. They should want to push the agenda forward (assertive, not aggressive);
- They must be able to work within an ambiguous environment. (they want someone that can “go with the flow”);
- Exceptional project and communications planning, management and execution;
- An analytic approach to communication needs, combined with a creative way of delivering messaging and engaging audiences;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite of products and iMovie video editing capabilities
- Experience within internal communications function for a large organization;
- Knowledge of Commercial/Corporate “Payments” marketplace, including products, target market, and competition; and,
- Prior online experience. Someone who can optimize their intranet to help engage people more effectively;
- Banking/FI experience;
- Prior experience at creative agencies is nice to have;
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset;
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written and presentation;
- Self-Starter mentality;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Receptive to feedback and the ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment; and,
- Strong multi-tasking skills and comfort level with the pressure of tight deadlines and strong attention to detail that results in a high degree of accuracy.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.