Eagle is currently seeking a Lead Engineer. This is a seven (7) month contract position to start immediately in downtown Toronto.
The Platform Engineer II is part of the Infrastructure and Platform Design team within Enterprise Information Management.; This role is responsible for designing, building and testing an automated and resilient Big Data infrastructure and platform for the Information Excellence program. This position must work proactively and effectively within EIM, ITS and other technology and business partners to provide technical direction, support, expertise and best practices in the systems and infrastructure that encompass the Information Excellence platform.
- Provide technical design leadership and oversight to the EIM Infrastructure & Platform Design team;
- Provide guidance to all delivery teams, ensuring all physical designs meet the IPD team's strict fault-tolerant, scalable guidelines;
- Leads or actively participates in POC/Design sessions & provides detailed template guidelines for junior engineers to follow;
- Contributes to the development of the Hadoop platform's technical design and capability roadmap, including clearly documenting the various interdependencies to ensure all platform users can design and implement components/processes and capabilities in an s
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and recommending optimal solutions within technology architecture;
- Develop and document system and infrastructure configurations utilizing the SDLC methodology;
- Participate in the preparation of system implementation plans and support procedures;
- Provide ongoing system automation management support to Information Excellence teams and related business partners;
- Performs regular and frequent Infrastructure risk assessment and proactively addresses risks;
- Accountability for platform performance and recommendations for platform performance tuning to meet the various delivery teams' non-functional requirements;
- Demonstrated history of being self-motivated, energetic, results-driven, and executing with excellence; and,
- Effective interpersonal skills working well with a fast-moving team; able to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in system administration, information management, system automation, and testing;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of enterprise server infrastructure including enterprise server management software;
- A minimum of 5 years of large enterprise infrastructure project delivery;
- A minimum of 3-5 years strong proficiency in Linux shell scripting and system configuration scriptings such as Salt and Ansible;
- A minimum of 2 years of Linux enterprise management tools such as Satellite or Ansible Tower; and,
- A minimum of 1 year of Big Data and Hadoop experience preferred.
- ; and,
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.