Internal Retail Store Support
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Internal Retail Store Support. This is an eleven (11) month contract position to start In March in Brampton ON.
This position supports the retail stores, the successful candidate will be doing second level support troubleshooting complex issues. They will be responsible for troubleshooting problems with POS, Printers, Wifi, Network connectivity etc. and will be required to dispatch and support third party vendors.
In addition, it would be a great asset if this person has been involved in project-based retail implementation work (ie. own implementation of HW/SF from start to finish), putting together support docs, managing timelines, budget etc.
- Individuals within the IT Operations job family are responsible for activities that contribute to the day to day running of IT infrastructure technologies and managing the life cycle of delivering standard components in IT. The life cycle includes component installation, maintenance and decommissioning;
- Primary responsibilities include support and maintenance, production scheduling and control, report distribution, print center operation, ensuring support for agreed upon IT service levels, as well as backup and recovery capacity for any of the IT infrastructure component areas;
- This includes the following broad technology areas: computer servers and storage support, network and voice support, market data support, security administration, database administration, web administration and data center management;
- IT Operations professionals may undertake project work such as the implementation of new technology infrastructure to support new business initiatives, including infrastructure deployment or upgrades, communication with vendors and liaison with other IT teams
- User and Production Support professionals are responsible for providing all IT support services to their clients, maintaining the production environment and working with other IT departments to ensure the delivery of requests;
- They are primarily responsible for identifying production issues or taking support calls from their business clients and for managing production incidents from inception to resolution. This often involves working with application developers or engineers to ensure solutions meet long term goals;
- They may also undertake a wide variety of project work. This could include the following areas: implementation of new technologies; testing and roll-out of configuration, application, and operating system upgrades; deployment of security hot-fixes and patches;
- Individuals within the IT Operations job family must develop deep technical knowledge becoming subject matter experts in their specialist fields. This expertise can be leveraged in the delivery of the firm’s IT strategy, either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm;
- User and Production Support professionals must have excellent client relationship skills and a solid understanding of the IT business;
- People in this Job Family generally have to adopt different methods or procedures to do their job each day;
- Applies a working level of knowledge to their role;
- Typically acts as a first point of escalation;
- Requires a level of knowledge, skills, and competencies in support of the roles and responsibilities assigned;
- Performs analysis and provides feedback and participates in implementing solutions;
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing data, and providing feedback;
- Responsible for providing various supervisory related functions such as:
- Setting priorities for day to day tasks for subordinates;
- Participating in the interview process for new hires;
- Providing input for performance reviews; and,
- Extends knowledge of local systems and business to groups or departmental level.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent and 1-3 years of applied technical experience;
- Working knowledge of industry standard architectural tools, processes and frameworks;
- Working familiarity with relevant IT systems, where appropriate;
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and process improvements;
- Awareness of the range of activities/tasks pertaining to applicable work area/function; and,
- Familiarity with procedures and service requirements relative to the role.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.