Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Architect for an eight (8) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing a business architecture strategy for the business unit based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations;
- Applying a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit in the context of the enterprise;
- Capturing the tactical and strategic business goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance;
- Describing the primary business functions of the assigned business unit in the context of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution, and business management functions; and,
- Enumerating, analyzing, and suggesting improvements to the structural relationships of the business. This requires the creation and maintenance of an ongoing model of roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the interplay between these units in various business processes, materials, people, and systems.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance;
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies. Those issues may exist in role alignment, process gaps, and overlaps, and business capability maturity gaps;
- The ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges;
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues;
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture;
- Experience developing and using these high-level models as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business;
- Extensive experience planning and deploying either business or IT initiatives (preference for both);
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques (preference for BPMN);
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations;
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information in suitably accurate models between the business unit and their counterparts within Information Technology. The scope of this information includes business requirements, data constraints, business rules, models of strategy and motivation, processes, accountabilities, and many other business and IT operational needs;
- The ability to be a team player and work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented; and,
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.